Passport (Laurel's Global Education Program)
Passport’s mission is to support cultural competence at Laurel School. Cultural competence is the desire and ability to create authentic relationships across difference. The difference can be geographic, economic, ethnic, belief-based, or experience-based. Educated global citizens are not only able to be academically competitive at home but are also able to interact with their peers in the global arena. Passport is Laurel's Global Education Initiative.
Passport fosters global cultural competence by:
- creating international school exchanges for students and teachers
- assisting teachers in incorporating global themes in the classroom and making connections with classrooms abroad
- providing international travel and service learning trips for Middle and Upper School students
- providing in-home hosting experiences for all grade levels
- providing international professional development experiences for teachers
For more information about Laurel's Passport Program, please contact the Dean of Learning Beyond the Classroom, Trey Wilson.